Thursday, September 12, 2013

Yummy Smoothie Recipe

I decided I needed to try and make smoothies for most of my meals this week.  That has a lot to do with the fact that I'm in a wedding next weekend and my dress is a little snug around the ribcage.  I tried to research online how to loose inches around the ribs and there was nothing helpful.  So naturally I thought the best thing would be to drink smoothies all week... well, mostly smoothies.

I also thought it would be fun to try some new smoothie recipes and take a break from juicing.  Not because I don't love juicing but because it's even messier than smoothie making.

For breakfast I use Balance Complete that I get from Young Living.  You can find out more about it HERE or how to get it for less HERE.  It's actually yummy and makes a quick easy breakfast and I'm not hungry in an hour!





Key Lime Pie Smoothie
2 T Lime Juice
1 t lime zest
1 c. milk (i use coconut or almond)
1 bananna
¼ t vanilla
1 date (optional)
1 tbsp cashew butter
2 c. baby spinach
4 ice cubes




 I didn't know what to expect.  I tried it because I liked the name of it but I wasn't sure.  Luckily, it was delicious!  Didn't taste like spinach at all.  I used a Ninja blender and it got everything really smooth.  Give it a try!  

When I said the blender was less messy than the juicer.  I lied.  Blend with caution.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0