Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Healthy Recipes that Rock

I've tried a few recipes lately that I have loved!  I've been trying to change the way that I'm eating which means not cooking anything that I currently have recipes for so I feel a little lost.  I found this great Pinterest board- Just Eat Real Food.  They have tons of recipes that I can eat.

So here's what I tried today:

Bacon Wrapped Pizza Muffin.  I thought these were soooo yummy.  Not sure what the rest of the family thought.  They have bacon and goat cheese- so that's a great start.  They also have a bunch of other ingredients but don't be overwhelmed.  I replaced the onions, mushrooms and green bell peppers with sweet potato cubes and avocado... it's what I had.  There's coconut and tapioca flour in them- you can get those at most stores under "bobs red mill" brand.  If you start taking wheat out of your diet you will be surprised how much you use these flours!


 And then there's these amazing little babies.  Pumpkin Chai Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I'm pretty sure I ate the whole recipe in about 30 minutes.  I'm hiding 3 for my mom so I won't eat them.  Mine are a little smaller and stayed more balled up.  They are super soft in the middle like a cake ball.  I used regular chocolate chips- I haven't even looked for the kind they talk about and I don't know what's special about them.  You will notice there's no flour or eggs- I read the recipe 5 times to make sure I didn't miss something.  I used cashew butter- you can get it in the peanut butter aisle but read the ingredients- look for one that only has cashews and oil in it.  Sprouts has it for sure, don't know where else.  And use real maple syrup- not regular pancake syrup.

Now.  Go make these immediately. 






Here's my Pinterest board- I've narrowed down some healthy recipes and I haven't tried them all yet but it's a little bit less overwhelming than the other board.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0