Friday, August 15, 2014

How I Accidentally Started Selling Oils

accidentially selling

It sounds funny- but it’s true.  I didn’t start out to sell oils… or anything besides what I made with Everything Design.  Apparently this is a pretty common story for people who use Young Living.  Everyone starts with the product.  They love the product.  They share the product.  Then one day they look up and realize they have a business.  But even if it all went away- they would still use the product.

So let’s start at the beginning.  My friend Kendra introduced me to oils.  I called her when I needed other options for keep my kids healthy because the prescriptions weren’t working.  She’s a good friend.  I ordered a kit and I told her- I just want the discount and I want to help her- but I wouldn’t ever be able to make money doing this.  Wouldn’t happen for me.

phone 7114 085

Here we are in Salt Lake City for convention.  I said I would never get to go to one of these…

The week after I ordered a kit, there was a class at a chiropractors office.  I invited a few friends because we had just been talking about making ourselves and our households more natural.  I think 3-4 ended up coming and after the class, they all wanted oils also.  So they got some.  And they became my “team”. 

Then a few weeks later there was another class, and more friends wanted to find out more.  So they went to the class and purchased oils and the team got a little bigger. 

This whole time I’m using the oils and trying out new products and loving the benefits.  I’m trying new products because I was getting checks in the mail from sharing something that was helping me.

And so were other people. 

And those people were telling people.

And suddenly my checks were more than I was spending on oils each month.  And that’s a great thing!

 

photo(10)

This one time I told Kendra- “I will NEVER earn an aroma complete” (pictured above).  That’s how little confidence I had.  I thought I could help her earn it but there was no way I would.  Well, that’s mine in the picture.  Kendra has one too.  And one of my friends is about to earn hers.  You get it when you reach a certain rank.  A rank I was sure I would never reach.  Here are some details.

 

So why didn’t I resist more.  Why didn’t I refuse to “sell”. 

Um, are you crazy?  I’m getting paid to tell people about something I like.  Do you know how many times I have told people about things that I like for FREE.  The only person getting the benefit of my advertising is the company.  Um, let’s see.  I’ve probably “sold” about 5 juicers, some dyson vacuums, tons of makeup, clothes, dry shampoo, books, hotels, restaurants… I could go on.  I love to tell people about things I like and no one sends me a dime.

Which is fine.

Because I’m going to share what I like whether I get paid for it or not. 

Here’s the other thing.  I’m not offended if you don’t want oils… Or my fav dry shampoo.  I just want you to have the opportunity to hear about something awesome. 

It’s the right thing to do. 

So I’m excited about my business.  I love getting paid for sharing what I love with friends.  I love that I get awesome healthy products paid for.  And I love that it’s been the easiest business I have ever built.  I’ve met some great new friends in the process too!

And if I wake up tomorrow and the business is gone- it’s just me and a bunch of oils.  I’ll still use the products.  No question.

phone 7114 127

My goal for convention next year.

Now I’m all in.  I have goals.  I want the WORLD to have better health and less sick days and more energy and control over their own wellness decisions. 

 

OF COURSE- contact me if you have any questions.  Never any pressure.  everythingdesign(at)hotmail(dot)com

Or go HERE for tons of info.

 

Want to know more about the comp plan or the opportunity?  You can check it out HERE. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0