Thursday, September 4, 2014

Mid-Century Side Table Makeover

 

 

About a year ago a friend found a dresser and a side table at a garage sale and it was exactly the kind of dresser I had been looking for to use as our entertainment center.  Of course, I didn’t document the before picture but if you look to the left of this adorable boy, you can tell how it turned out. 

179

So after the dresser was done the side table sat in the garage for a year because we didn’t have time to get to it.  I had a vision though…

 

A friend sanded it for me to save some time. 

camera september 078

I painted the doors and drawer white and stained the wood all the way around and the legs.  Staining furniture was apparently new to me because I did it wrong a few times and had to re-do it.  Even with the unprofessional stain- I really like how it turned out! 

camera september 147

camera september 146

Here’s a picture of the bedroom that it goes in.  This is before I had finished the side table but you can imagine how great it looks :-)

camera september 084

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0