Sunday, November 18, 2007

Never Say Never

I have found that every time I say "I will never...." then it usually ends up happening. I remember saying long ago that I wouldn't be caught dead in capri pants. Currently, I don't even own any shorts, it's all capris for me. At this time, I'm not really sure why i was so against capri pants, but I'm glad I let that go. I don't think I'm the only one with this problem, I think there was a time when Mike said he would never marry a sorority girl from Baylor. I laugh every time I think about that. I'm glad he let that one go too, for obvious reasons.
Well this morning I broke another little promise to myself. I opened a Facebook account. Mostly, I was just curious. We had some friends over last night and I was looking at their pages and their hundreds of friends and I wanted to see if I could have hundreds of friends. I know that I can't, and if I did, I don't know what I would do with all of them. I think I have 10 friends right now and I have exhausted the list of people I can think of who might have accounts so I don't expect my friend count to go up that much. How do these people get 900 friends... I don't think I've met 900 people and I know I have not been nice enough to 900 people to call them friends. I thought I would gain cool points the minute I signed up but I'm still waiting for those... maybe they are in the mail. I did find some old friends from high school and asked them to be my friends. I'm waiting to see if they accepted. I have a feeling this is going to be more of a slam to my self esteem than a boost- when people I haven't talked to in 10 years don't accept me as a friend on a web site, I will be quite sad.
Wait! While I was watching Chris Brown on the AMA's (who was AMAZING by the way), I got another friend. Yea, that's 11. I had no idea I was so popular. I have a feeling I'm going to be in to this for a few weeks then I'll loose interest and give up. I don't see myself using it as my primary means of communication but you never know...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0