Saturday, October 23, 2010

Loss

Last night Cason woke up screaming every 45 minutes for his Daddy.  He doesn't usually do that.  All I could think of is a friend who lost her husband yesterday... and a precious little first grader who's daddy will never come home.  I don't know why heaven needs Daddys.  I still can't believe he's gone.  I keep waiting for someone to call and say there was a mistake, this is just a big joke. 

Maybe Cason sensed mommy and daddy were sad and that made him sad too. I don't know.  I went and snuggled him as long as he needed.  I didn't care.  Life is so short and we can't miss these moments. 

2 comments:

Linda said...

Beautifully written about a beautiful family.

The Bucks said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend and their husband. I totally agree with your statement. Whenever Hayden may have a bad night and I start to get frustrated I remind myself that its not always going to be this way and I should cherish all those little moments when at the time they seem so bad. Thanks for your beautiful reminder!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0