Sunday, May 8, 2011

Growing a Vegetable Garden

The garden is growing and I am so excited.  You can find the first garden post HERE.  The pictures below are from two weeks ago and it's even bigger now! 

In this bed I have cucumber, yellow squash, zucchini, baby yellow tomatoes, green beans, beets (not shown), jalapeno, red bell peppers and roma tomatoes.


The far right bed has tomatoes, radishes, lettuce, carrots, another tomato, green onions, banana peppers, chives, and strawberries. 
The bed on the far left has rosemary, three kinds of basil, thyme, oregano, cilantro, and something else I'm forgetting.  There are also 3 kinds of mint in pots.
 Here are the radishes.  They started from seeds and grow so fast.  My next post I will show you a radish I pulled up this week.  The rest should be ready soon.  I have never really eaten radishes but I'll be looking for some recipes.
 Only one of my 4 tomato plants is producing right now.  I hope the others hurry before it gets too hot.  The tomatoes are much bigger this week!
 This is the zucchini plant.  It is giant!  I think it's twice the size of the picture now.  This is after a hail storm and the hail went straight through the leaves of the plant.  It produces beautiful yellow flowers then the flowers fall off at the stem.  I don't think that is what should be happening so I will have to do a little reading on taking care of zucchini.  If you know what is happening- please tell me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0