Sunday, October 30, 2011

Two Weeks Till Porgugal!

So the countdown has begun.  Well, sort of.  I didn't realize until today that we only had 2 weeks and now, I feel like there's a lot to do.  Here are a few shots of Portugal from Mike's trip:



Number one on the list is collecting food.  Michelle and I organized the meals we think we are cooking and figured out how many of each ingredient we will need and in what country we need to buy that ingredient.  Then we passed out the list and are asking people to donate what they can.  We are accepting grocery gift cards as well because I'm sure there will be a few last minute items.

Here's our list:
Bag Chocolate Cookie Mix 5 bags



Box Mashed Sweet Potatoes 4 boxes


Box Pie Crust 4 boxes


Box Stove Top Stuffing 3 boxes


Can Crushed Pineapple 2 cans


Canned Pumpkin 9 cans


Canned Cranberry Sauce 6 cans


Cherry Pie Filling 2 cans


Crackers (Wheat Thins) 2 boxes


Crasins (4/3 cup in 1 bag) 10 bags


Dream Whip Package 7 pkg


Evaporated Milk 11 cans


French Fried Onions 1 container


Gravy Packets 5 packet


Kraft Homestyle Macaroni 2 boxes


Large Marshmallows 2 bags


Pecan Pie Mix 2 boxes


Pickle Relish 1 jar


Ranch Dressing 1 jar


Raspberry Chipotle Sauce 1 jar


Seasoned Stewed Tomatoes - Italian Seasoning 2 cans


Turkey Oven Bags 2 boxes


Vanilla - Large Jar 1 jar


Williams Sonoma Pumpkin Bread Mix 2 boxes


Williams Sonoma Turkey Rub 2 packet


Yellow Cake Mix 2 boxes

If you see anything that you want to grab and drop off at the church then please do! 
 
As far as prayer requests right now just pray that God begins to work in the hearts of the Portuguese people and that they will be open to coming to the dinners we will be hosting. 
 
I'm so excited about this trip and I thank the people who are helping make it possible.  I heard a song on the radio this morning about going through the motions and it reminded me that I don't want to just go through the motions on this trip- I want to give it my everything and make sure that I'm giving it my all every day I'm there. 
 
More to Come!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0