Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I'm Just the Decorator!

Well, when it comes to my house that is. God has really been reminding me of a lot of things lately, most importantly, that everything that I "own" does not belong to me, it belongs to Him, and He can take it away in the blink of an eye. As I studied that this week in my quiet time, I realized that I had spent so much time and energy picking out things for the house and being frustrated that I don't have the money for everything that I want, and I hadn't really consulted God about the whole thing. I prayed "God, I really hope you like everything I just picked out for this house you are letting me live in". That's a little silly but seriously, my new attitude is that it's Gods house that I'm living in and he is just allowing me to decorate it. I need to change my attitude in other areas of my life as well. I asked the question "how can I be a better steward of Gods property?" and came up with some things I need to change. I'm going to share those here to help remind me daily.

Finances
Create and stick to a budget. Rely on God to provide for our needs. Focus as much money as possible to pay off debt and get rid of car and credit card payments in one year (or less of course). Make a list of everything that we "want" and pray consistently over them- allow God to show us when we should purchase these items.

Mind
Continue learning. Keep reading and keep learning in my field, in leadership, and in Gods word.

Body
Take care of my body with good nutrition and exercise.

Possessions
Take care of the things we do have, even the little inexpensive things. Keep the house clean, don't leave things laying around. Don't be protective of our things, use them for Gods kingdom.

Relationships
Seek to find out what I can do for my friends. Be better about sending cards and giving gifts.

Talents
Use my talents to help others. It's okay if it takes some extra time and I don't get paid for it.

Well there you have it. I'm praying about each one of these things and I'll try and keep you posted on any new developments.

2 comments:

Lexi said...

What an awesome reminder and testimony. I too need to work on the things you listed. Thanks for writing that all out.

DesignKat said...

This is an awesome list. You know, I think you are a great friend and I hope we can continue to grow our friendship. You are fun to hang out with and I love your sassy attitude...so funny! The cool thing about friendships is all each other needs is one another's time. I wouldn't worry so much about gifts....your time is way more valuable and definately more meaningful. However, a home-made Stampin card is required from time to time! lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0