Monday, October 15, 2007

Our Love Tree...


If you have ever seen "How to loose a guy" I hope you snickered a little at the title. If not, rent it, it's great and no, we don't actually call this our "love tree". We did plant the baby tree this weekend, and by we, I mean Mike. I didn't do much of anything. If it looks like the ropes holding the tree up are just as large as the tree trunk, it's not an optical illusion- it's true. I think it's a little excessive but we know nothing about trees so we just bought the kit and that's what came in it. I think it's really fun to watch things grow. There's something about planting something and taking care of it and seeing it get bigger and bigger. I planted herbs last spring from seeds and they all grew so big and I used them in my cooking. Then they all died. I have no idea why but now I have pots of black herbs, like they died instantly one night and just turned black right in place. I hope we have better luck with the tree. I figure if we can grow a tree, then we might be ready for kids. I said that about the dog but we have been pretty successful with the dog and I'm still not ready for kids so we are going to try something a little more challenging. Once our little love tree is twice it's size, then we will be ready for kids. Man, I hope it's a slow grower!


---------------------------------

I posted about the tree yesterday and this morning I read this in Psalms 1:
Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.
But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
and on his law he meditates day and night.
He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.

So, this isn't out love tree, it's our prosper tree. :-) Just kidding. But that verse did really pop out to me because of all my "tree" talk. Whatever it takes to make the Word stick in your head. What a great verse!

2 comments:

Connie said...

Uh, you didn't tell me the name of your blog....I tracked you down! Now I will have to add you to my page so that I look more popular.

Anonymous said...

Love the connection with the Psalms and the tree.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0