Monday, January 7, 2008

A Little Perspective

I love it when God helps to put things in perspective for you. Lately, I've been feeling down. Probably a great combination of things but it's mainly been work. I'm frustrated because the project I'm working on it's as challenging as I'd like. It's a cool project, but it's moving a little slow and I'm not in a leadership role that I was on my last project. I should be happy that I get a break from the fast pace that we usually move at but it's hard. I'm so tired of being frustrated but this morning, I was reading the daily devotional in the book "Streams in the Desert" and here's what it said: I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. Phil. 4:11. Paul wrote that from prison. Wow, I'm pretty sure it would be hard to be content there... why am I complaining? It went on to tell a story and here is the conclusion.
Others may do a greater work,
But you have your part to do;
And no one in all God's family
Can do it as well as you.
People who are God's without reservation "have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." His will becomes their will, and they desire to do for Him whatever He desired them to do. They strip themselves of everything, and in their nakedness find everything restored a hundredfold.

I just loved reading this this morning. I know it's Gods will for me to be in this job and I think part of me growing involves me learning to slow down and be content even when the circumstances aren't what I want them to be. So, Praise God for still speaking to us today through His word!

1 comment:

DesignKat said...

I know your frustration...trust me! I, on the other hand, make foolish decisions when I am bored and frustrated. Live and learn....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0