Monday, January 21, 2008

Party Perfect

I'm the unofficial party planner for my office at work... well, after 3 years of parties, I guess it's probably official by now. Anyways, I just got finished with the Holiday party and it was so much fun, I wanted to share some of the details. I'll start with how I got ready for the party and when i get the pictures in I'll post those and tell about the actual event. At 3:00 mom and I went to set up the room and didn't get home until 5:00 then had to be back up there at 6:00- that's not a lot of time to get ready. I had put on makup earlier that day so that cut out some time. I had also put my hair in rollers that morning. I thought the longer I kept the rollers in the curl would stay. I thought i would try a new rolling technique- when i watch the style shows on TV, they curl with the curling iron and put it at the root then twirl the hair around to the tip- and it always looks fabulous. So.... I put the roller in at the root and twirled it to the tip and left it in for about 3 hours of uncomfortableness. When i pulled them out and wadded my hair in a bun to hopefully hold the curl in. Okay, back to getting ready for a big party in 30 minutes. I ran in at 5, took my hair down to reveal very flat curls. i was hoping to wear it down and curly but that was not going to happen so i grabbed it at the shoulder to form a low side ponytail. i guess the 2008 version of the high side ponytail popular in the 80's. it looked something like this:
Yeah, i looked exactly like that. Another trick i had was Sally Hansen airbrush legs. Thanks to a tip from Connie, i found this helpful item at my local CVS. you spray it on your hand and rub it on your legs. it is basically concealer for your lets- it smooths them out and covers blemishes and gives you the look of hose without the hassle. I think the color i used was a bit too dark so I probably look like i fake tanned but given the correct color, i can see where it would be a total help. I just wish they could airbrush them skinny.

The side ponytail and spray painted legs all complimented the beautiful dress i borrowed from my sister. She found an amazing BCBG dress that was marked at $400 and she got it for less than $100. I don't know how you pay $400 for a dress, my furniture doesn't even cost that much. Whatever, it was perfect. okay, i'm tired so more later- hopefully i'll get the photos back soon!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0