Sunday, July 26, 2009

Stupid Mommy Mistake

This will be a continuing column since there have been and will be, so many.

So, I came home the other day and all of Cason's toys were on the floor. Since we have dogs and I didn't know how much the toys had been played with, I decided to sterilize them. I have these handy dandy microwaveable steam bags that sterilize anything in 1.5 mins. You just place the objects in the bag, add a bit of water, and zap for the right amount of time. I had only used them for pacifiers, bottles, and pump equipment but I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to do the toys.

I placed them all in the microwave and started the time. Only about 30 seconds in to it I hear a pop. Hmmmm, what is that I wonder. It took me another 30 seconds to stop the microwave because I realized what it was. You know those toys that you put in the freezer when they are teething? Well, when it is not frozen, it is a gel inside of those. When it goes in the microwave, the gel explodes! So now, instead of cleaning the toys, I have now covered them all in some sort of possibly poisonous gel.

Here is a picture of the toy after "the incident". Should have known not to put that sort of toy in a microwave. Silly Catherine!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0