Wednesday, August 12, 2009

This isn't how I pictured this going


In my attempt to put a good dinner on the table instead of eating out, I grabbed a pork roast out of the freezer at 3:30 on Sunday afternoon intending on throwing it in the croc pot on high for a couple of hours and having a yummy pulled pork dinner. Problem #1, pork didn't exactly fit in my croc pot, #2 it's completely frozen and cutting it down proved to be rather difficult, #3 a huge frozen piece of pork doesn't cook in a croc pot in 3 hours. I started by running hot water over it and hacking it apart to make it fit. By the time I got done it was 4:00 and I thought dinner would be rather late (I still did not realize how long it would take to cook it). 3 hours later when we still had raw pork, I grabbed something out of the freezer and microwaved it for dinner. The pork cooked overnight on low and we had yummy pork the next day. If there was any doubt, I will not be adding "chef" to my resume.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0