Friday, January 14, 2011

Make Your Own Wrapping Paper

I'm so behind on posting.  I'm a little overwhelmed by that.  I have a bunch of Christmas pictures that I intended to post as they happened and now Christmas has come and gone and no one cares about our family Christmas but I'm going to post them anyways.  Baby steps.  Maybe by March I can knock it out.  I'm overwhelmed by a lot right now to be honest.  I have projects I want to do, goals I want to accomplish, things that need cleaning, folding,straightening, cooking and crafting.  I feel like I'm constantly moving and working yet I'm not getting very much done.  Then at night when I want to crawl into bed and watch TV like a zombie I feel so guilty that I'm not up accomplishing things. 

Deep Breath.

Now to what I wanted to tell you.  This Christmas I tried a craft project with Cason.  I love crafts and I'm sure some people think we have a daily craft time at my house and let me assure you- one day we will- but for now, I'm too afraid to bring out the paints and markers for fear of the mess. 

I got brave and decided we could paint the brown craft paper I was using to wrap presents.  This way we could wrap grandparents presents in personalized paper.  I stripped cason down, covered the entire kitchen table in the brown paper and got out my silver and gold paints.  Red and Green would have made more of an impact but you know what happens when red and green paint gets mixed (ugly) and those colors didn't match my other presents (and we can't stray from that). 

I even made a potato stamp so C could stamp hearts on the paper. 


 I had to make some of the marks because C only really wanted to color in one spot.  Hand prints were the most fun and probably the part grandparents would want to see most. 
            As I'm typing this I realize that I should have cut out a hand print for me and put it in a little frame.  Now I'm irritated at myself for not having that little treasure.  Ugh.

 Very proud C with his finished work.  He went straight to the bathtub after that!
I also should have had a picture of the wrapped present but I don't.  Here is a pic of some other stamping I did on the brown paper. 

I stamped the LOVE on one package then outlined it in glitter pen.  The package below it is the one we wrapped in C's paper but you can't really tell.

I encourage you to try this project next year.  Lots of fun and really quite easy.  It cost $0 since I had all the supplies.  Just remember to save yourself a hand print!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0