Do you ever feel overwhelmed?
You should probably stop reading now.
I have too much to do to even blog, yet, I'm sitting here blogging and not accomplishing things.
I have so much to show you and tell you but sometimes when I have so many little things to do I just can't do anything.
Here's a little update:
- Tuesday and Thursday nights we have been going to training to be foster/adopt parents. The training is from 6-9, childcare not included, and it's in south arlington which takes an hour to drive to in rush hour traffic from our house. We have about 50 hours of training to do and it's informative but very dry.
- In order to make room for a new little girl we remodeled a tiny area in our house so I could move my office into it and turn the current office/guest room into a girls room. Sounds simple enough right? Well, I had to move everything from the areas we removed into the guest room. Now we need to remove plumbing, paint, carpet, install desk and shelving, clean before I can get everything out of the room and actually make it into a nursery. Whew, I'm already tired.
- I have 2 designing jobs going on right now that are taking up a ton of time. I actually really like working on them but I constantly feel guilty because It's taking me a long time to get them done. But I think I might wrap up one this weekend and I can't wait to show you all the details.
- I'm teaching 2 classes this quarter I have never taught before and they take a huge amount of prep time. Like lots of research and writing and power points.
- I need to make some art for one of the projects I'm working on. I don't even have all the stuff because taking Cason to hobby lobby is a real pain. The stuff I do have is sitting in a pile.
- Speaking of piles, I have a pile for goodwill (okay maybe 2) a pile of clothes that don't fit cason anymore, a pile of misc bills, several paint samples, Christmas toys that have still not found a permanent home, clothes that need putting away, a stack of books for my class prep, and maybe a few dishes sitting around.
That's all I can think of right now. I've made a list of things to do, I constantly think of all the things that need to be accomplished, and I just shut down. I'd rather do nothing than start a list of items that I will never be able to accomplish.
I'm not usually like this, just sometimes. Just when my list gets long.
I know none of that stuff matters in the long run- my eyes should be focused on the Lord and they are.
But it's hard not to still get overwhelmed.
So, please send a plumber, a maid and a personal assistant my way. Meanwhile- I'll be accomplishing things... hopefully!