Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I Won, I Won!


One of the few perks of being in the design industry is that we often get invited to hear great lectures and see the latest releases. Tonight, I attended a lecture hosted by Herman Miller on the architect and art director George Nelson. It was incredibly interesting what he allowed this company to accomplish and become the top name in design that it is today. So, at the end of the lecture, they had a drawing for a Nelson Platform Bench and I won... much to my co-workers dismay. Problem is, this isn't the first time I have won something. I got a large custom rug, a gameboy, dinner and comedy show tickets, and now an iconic bench. I have not always been this lucky... actually, I don't think I have ever won anything in my life before I started winning those things. I hope this isn't the end of my streak because I would not have purchased these things on my own.

3 comments:

DesignKat said...

LOL....I can't believe you won! Well, actually I can...you are very lucky. I wish I could have seen the look on Debbie's and Levi's faces. I bet it was priceless. Congratulations!

Would you be interested in going to Vegas with me????

Connie said...

Yes, Levi was not exactly happy for you. It's so not fair...wa..wa..wa..wa..wa...sniff...sniff
...kick...kick...scream...pout..pout.

I am envious of your winning streak though. Hopefully it will stick with you for a while. You should go to all of the malls in the metroplex and put your name in all the drawings for a new car. You never know!

Lexi said...

Hehehe, I can just see my brother being not-so-happy for you after winning this. That is awesome that you won though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0