Thursday, January 14, 2010

A new Bible Study for You- Named By God

Have you ever been hanging out with a group of friends and started to talk about all the famous people you "know".  It usually starts innocently enough:
"I saw Will Smith at the airport the other day"
"Seriously?  I saw Jessica Simpson at Jason Wittens Superbowl party"
"No Way!  When I was in LA I ate dinner next to Hugh Jackman"

None of these are me talking by the way.  No, I want to contribute to this conversation but I can't.  You see, I desperately want to run in to famous people but I never do.  Never.  Not on airplaines, not in restaurants, not out shopping, nothing.  It's probably becuase I would behave like a complete idiot and embarrass myself and everyone around me and God is sparing my family and friends from that humiliation.  One time I ran into Dave Crowder in Pier One.  But I don't know if I count that since he sang at my church every sunday.  So he was just our worship leader... and he wasn't as popular as he is now. 

I have a point.

My friend wrote a book.  I real, live book that you can buy on Amazon (and probably other places- buy why buy books other places).  I went to high school with her and she assisted in hooking Mike and I up and she sang at my wedding.  Oh, she did my makeup too.  She's obivously quite talented.  She was the only one I trusted singing the Sister Act 2 version of "Joyful Joyful".... and Mariah Carey's version of "All I want for Christmas".  So, her name is Kasey and she wrote a bible study and started a great ministry to minister to women and she speaks at churches. 

So, I know someone who wrote a book.  She's famous, right?  I think so.  Someday she will be the next Beth Moore and she will invite me on her trip to the Holy Land to carry her bags and it will be so great. 

Well, rather she takes me on the trip or not, I'm still going to read her book.  Mine is on the way and I hope you will give it a read also.  She's an amazing woman and I'm so excited for what God is doing in her ministry.  You can visit her web site HERE and click below to purchase her book.  Yes, that's her on the cover. 




On a side note, thank you so much for all your help in starting my new blog.  I appreciate all you "followers" and your page clicks.  Hopefully I'm writing about something you find interesting... at least every once in awhile.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0