Can you believe he's 8 months old? I can't. It really doesn't seem like it's been that long. Christmas is about to smack me in the head and I still think it's summer. Maybe that's because my lantana is still 5' tall and blooming and my tomatoes have started making tomatoes again due to the warm weather. Someone should tell them it's actually fall and it's time to die.
It's been an amazing & overwhelming 8 months filled with laughter & tears, newfound confidence & incredible insecurity. Who knew such a small little person could bring all that?
What's he up to now?
- For some reason he has started to wrinkle his nose when he smiles (as seen in photos above). It's really funny but I hope he doesn't do it forever, it's kind of a scary smile instead of a happy one.
- Lots of smiles!! He loves smiling at people. Just today I was holding him at a restaurant and I see him smiling out of the corner of my eye. I look back and he's flirting with a group of waitresses behind me. He's already girl crazy! I know I will be completely gray by the time he's out of his teenage years.
- I haven't given him a food he doesn't like. As you know I've made everything and he can't get enough. Zucchini, peaches, apples, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, plums, cherries, green beans, peas, asparagus... there's more I can't think of. We have also tried puffs and he LOVES those. He's getting good at picking them up with his fingers and it's so fun to watch. It's also a great way to keep him occupied when you need to get something done.
- He can sit up without assistance and rarely falls over anymore. He can also stand holding on to something and only falls when he gets a little overconfident in his ability and starts moving too much. No crawling yet but lots of scooting backwards and rolling. I think his motto is "if I can get there rolling why learn to crawl?" I don't have an answer for him.
- Bathtime is his favorite time of day. He sits up in the tub now and loves splashing and playing with rubber ducky. He could spend all day grabbing my hands and pulling to a stand though. We do that over and over in the tub and he's so proud of himself.
- We have 2 bottom teeth and finally- a top tooth and a dot of a second one. Man, I thought those things would never come in!
- He likes playing with his toys but would prefer to play with ours. Remotes, cell phones and magazines are a few favorites. Many of my magazines now have chew marks on the corners... not from the dogs, from the baby.
He's amazing and I feel so blessed. Every day I'm in awe of how God could create these tiny wonderful people and how much I love him.