Sunday, November 2, 2008

Baby Update

Yea, I'm 1/2 way done- 20 weeks down, 20 more to go. That seems like forever. Well, we find out tomorrow what we are having assuming the baby cooperates during the ultrasound and I am going to try and post here as soon as I find out using the modern technology of the cell phone, we will see how it goes.

The question I get asked most often is "how are you feeling?" In an effort to be real and not smile and say "everything's great" I have probably told you that it's not been easy. I didn't have morning sickness my first trimester, just major sinus & acid reflux problems that caused me to have times when i would wake up in the middle of the night and be gasping for breath, I always hoped Mike would wake up enough to call 911 if i passed out on the floor. Other than that and the crazy food aversions it wasn't too bad. Somewhere in there I started having pain in my left ribcage. It would start in the afternoon and last until I went to bed. Unfortunately, this symptom has continued and gotten worse as I have gone along. I spend the majority of the day in a lot of pain that only lying down can cure and that isn't really appropriate at work. Now the pain has moved into the same part in my back and standing makes it much worse. I'm seeing a chiropractor on Tuesday and praying for a miracle because i leave for a business trip that evening and i really don't know how i'm going to make it. I've talked to the Dr. about it and she hasn't offered me any advise except Tylenol but that really doesn't help much. I'm scared this is going to last for 5 more months and get worse and i don't know how i can make it. I'm so frustrated because i can't get anything done, we have some major projects to do in addition to the minor ones and I can't even hang up all the clean laundry because i can't stand the pain.
The other unexpected symptom is the anxiety. I think some anxiety is normal because you want everything to be okay but sometimes mine is way worse than that. I was expecting to be crying a lot and have moments of insane anger and those moments have been at a minimum while the moments of intense worry and anxiety are there instead. Ugh, hormones! Don't worry, I'm going to talk to my Dr. about it and I'm watching it very closely to make sure it doesn't get out of control.
So what's the good stuff? Well, I'm having a baby and that's very exciting. Since i spend most of my time wondering about how i'm going to make it through the pregnancy, I am not worried at all about when the baby gets here, actually I'm quite excited. Also, I have gotten to buy some new clothes and that's fun. Well, I'll try and keep you posted better and hopefully after tomorrow i can post some ultrasound photos!

2 comments:

Anjolee said...

I will be checking your blog tomorrow!
I will pray for you about your pain and anxiety. You just never know what pregnancy will bring and everyone is different. I pray that both of those things will improve so you can enjoy preparing for that precious baby.

Connie said...

I missed this one too. What did you do, post like 5 in one day?

The pain is so frustrating. I was in such pain with Jules that I very much considered the motorized cart at Wal-Mart.

I'll be praying for you too. I'll be more than happy to help you with projects...just tell Levi your taking me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0